Bucharest, July 24th, 2013: The International eSport Federation announces that the IeSF 2013 World Championship will take place in Bucharest, after four years of being hosted in South Korea. The event, organized together with the Professional Gamers League – PGL – will be supported by Romtelecom, as official partner.
300 players from over 50 countries will participate at the event. The men’s competition will have two disciplines – League of Legends, with prizes worth 27.000 $, and Alliance of Variant Arms (A.V.A.), which offers prizes of 18.000 $, while the women’s competition will consist of two other disciplines – StarCraft 2 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
For the Cosplay contest, the costumes must be based on one of the four official IeSF 2013 World Championship games:
- League of Legends
- Alliance of Variant Arms (A.V.A.)
- StarCraft 2
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Only costumes based on this 4 games will be allowed to register for the Cosplay Contest, any other costume will only have artistic value.
Cosplay Contest Rules
- All participants must have a costume related to one of the 4 games mentioned above.
- All participants must read and agree to follow all rules of the Cosplay contest.
- By registering for the Cosplay contest, all participants agree to allow IeSF 2013 World Championship to use their images for promotional purposes, both photographs and video.
- All convention policies must be upheld during the entirety of the Cosplay competition. Anyone breaking IeSF 2013 World Championship rules will be disqualified.
Sign-up for the IeSF 2013 World Championship Cosplay Contest by filling in the form below:[afp_form id=2]
All entries are taken on a first come, first served basis.
- IeSF 2013 World Championship is a family friendly event.
- Offensive language of any kind is not allowed—no racial or sexual epithets; no profanity, etc.
- No excessive violence.
- No harassment between cosplayers is allowed.
- All sexual jokes must have a non-sexual interpretation that is at least as obvious as the sexual one.
- Be clever, not crass! If you think your costume or presentation might be too risqué or offensive, it probably is.
- If you have a question about your content, please feel free to ask the Cosplay Staff if it is allowable.
- You may surprise the audience, but NEVER SURPRISE THE CREW: no fire, flame, smoke, fog, dry ice, wind machines, lasers, pressurized gases or liquids.
- No messy substances either —wet, dry, or oily—in the prep room or on stage.
- No jumping on or off the stage — please use the officially designated stage entrances and exits.
- Entrants must abide by the event weapons policy. All weapons must be peace bonded and approved. Pointing weapons at anyone not in your Cosplay group will NOT be tolerated. The Cosplay Coordinators must approve any actions involving weapons.
- Contestants may not use stage time to make political, religious, insulting, or other demonstrations not related to their entry.
- All decisions made by the Cosplay Coordinator are final.
The Cosplay Coordinators will take into account both the Costume and the Presentation. The highlights will be the accuracy and interpretation of the character.
- All entrants will have a presentation – up to 1 minute – during which they can role play the character.
- Each contestant will appear in only one performance.
- The Cosplay Coordinators are free to give as many awards as they choose (more than initially announced)
- Location: Polyvalent Hall, Bucharest, Romania
- Cosplay dates: 1-3 November
- Cosplay Contest day: 3rd of November
- For any questions regarding the Cosplay section, please contact us via:
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Skype: naroiclime
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/naroic.lime